Chateau La Tour de Mons
Château La Tour de Mons is one of the leading Cru Bourgeois properties in the Médoc. It has a long and illustrious history and is named after Pierre de Mons, who purchased the estate in 1615. For several generations it has been owned and run by the Clauzel-Binaud family. It is located in the Margaux commune of Soussans.
In 1858, the property was classified among the “bons bourgeois”. Every efort is made to produce a pure, elegant, classic wine, with the greatest possible respect for this great Margaux terroir.
The 35 hectare vineyard is planted with 45 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot. The grapes are hand harvested and are then matured in temperature-controlled stainless-steel tanks. The wine is then matured in small oak barrels (30% new) for 12 months. It is bottled unfiltered. The wine is typically smooth, well-rounded and ripe and shows at its best with 5-10 years of bottle ageing.