Domaine Bruno Clair
Bruno Clair is the son of Bernard Clair (1920-2005) and the grandson of Joseph Clair (1889-1971), originator of the famous Domaine ClairDaü which was founded in Marsannay in 1919. Following Joseph’s death, family disagreements led to the dismantling of the Domaine Clair-Daü in 1985. In 1986, Bruno was entrusted with the vineyards of his parents, brothers and sisters which included those of Clos de Bèze, Cazetiers, Clos Saint-Jacques, Vosne-Romanée, Clos du Fonteny and Chambolle-Musigny. More vineyards were purchased by Bruno Clair in 1993, including Corton-Charlemagne, PernandVergelesses and Aloxe-Corton. In 1996 Gevrey-Chambertin "Petite Chapelle" was added to bring the size of the Domaine to more than 23 hectares.
Bruno is working with his wife Isabelle and his son Edouard joined the Domaine in 2012. Very involved in the vine cultivation, Edouard is progressively converting the Domaine to organic production. In 2018, Bruno & Isabelle's second son Arthur joined the Domaine and he will work on the commercial dimension.